Friday, September 9, 2011

Friday Fragments

    

1

Since this is my first “Friday Fragments” post (from Heather’s Friday meme over at Women in the Scriptures) I thought I should share a few things about myself. I mostly post about the scriptures, and not so much about personal things, so here is my chance to show you a little bit about my personal side!

2Other than about 9 months where I team-taught the 11-12 year old Primary kids, and my freshman year at college when I was the Relief Society Secretary, I have been either a choir or Primary pianist/accompanist, or choir director. That’s been almost 6 years. We just started attending our neighborhood ward (we were attending a Portuguese speaking ward a few minutes away) and will probably getting new callings soon. I won’t be surprised if I get called to a music calling again. It seems either 1) Heavenly Father needs me in music callings or 2) I didn’t learn what I was supposed to learn from my last music callings or maybe 3) Heavenly Father wants me to use my talents to bless the lives of others.

3

I recently stumbled on a blog titled “Becoming LDS” and it prompted me to think about focusing some of this blog on introducing people to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am going to start writing some posts that have to do with becoming LDS, and familiarizing people with the Church. It will be a new section on my blog, but I haven’t come up with a title for it yet. You’ll know when I do, though.

4

I don’t coupon. I’m not completely against it, but I just don’t do it. We eat mostly fresh and whole foods, and there are rarely coupons for fresh and whole foods, so I just don’t feel that the time it would take me to find coupons and deals is worth it. However, I do shop the sales papers for produce, and try to plan my meals around the cheap produce. The one thing I will always pay whatever they are asking for is Gala apples. I am trying to learn how to have a good garden so that I can put up fresh vegetables and fruit for the winter. We’ve got more tomatoes this year than we know what to do with, so I will be canning lots of diced tomatoes and tomato sauce. (PS – my sister is an extreme couponer and shares “whole food” deals with me when she finds them).

5

I like to run. I wish I could run more, but my children are a higher priority than my running. When my kids are a little older I will be able to run more often, but right now, it’s about my kids. I am training for a relay in October, and I haven’t been running because of how crazy things have been here, but hopefully I can start running soon… otherwise I might have to switch legs with someone.

Well, that’s my Five Things for Friday! This is actually pretty fun, and I look forward to doing it more often!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing Becca
    This is such a good idea, and its no coincidence either. I feel that these blogs we write are a record of our testimonies and we should share them with the world,(or maybe not that big)but it should be a goal. I have shared my blog with friends and coworkers who ask about my beliefs. Our blogs are our testimonies.

    ReplyDelete

What makes your soul delight? This is my invitation to you to share your thoughts right here on my blog. I read every one of them, and I appreciate them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...