Monday, January 18, 2010

More Longing For Home

Yesterday our Stake President challenged us to be more pure and be better followers of Christ. The closing hymn for our Ward Conference was “More Holiness Give  Me”, which is one of my favorite hymns. One of my very favorite lines is “More longing for home…” There was a time when I prayed with all energy of heart to have Heavenly Father purify me and make me better than I am so that I could return to live with Him. There was nothing I wanted more than to be worthy of the Celestial Kingdom, and I was living my life that way. I was praying constantly, and as a result I felt the Lord’s hand in my life, and I felt His power helping me in everything I did. I felt more productive, more kind, more charitable, more loving.

I haven’t become a monster or anything, but I feel like I have lost focus and become too involved in the “here and now.” I don’t long for Home as much as I did, and I can see it affecting my life and my family.

I need to look beyond today – I need to focus on eternity and draw nearer to my Savior again so that my todays and tomorrows will be full and will help me reach my goal of eternal life, instead of just being a today and a tomorrow. Each day should be a step toward exaltation, not merely a step. I don’t want to be running in place, I want to be running toward my Heavenly Father. I will reach out to Him so that He can reach toward me and pull me toward Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What makes your soul delight? This is my invitation to you to share your thoughts right here on my blog. I read every one of them, and I appreciate them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...