Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Christmas Spirit

There is something different about the Christmas season for me this year - and ironically that is the fact that I don't feel much different at this time of year than I do all year long.




I love the fact that more people are focused on Christ at this time of year, and that He is the topic of conversation more than usual. But for me, this Christmas season came up rather unceremoniously. I have been working on being more Christ-centered in my life and in my thoughts this year - and I think that is why I don't feel like there is much different between this season and the past several months.

Now, don't get me wrong - I love Christmas and the whole season - but the worshipping Christ and thinking about him - well, it just feels like that is what I have been doing all along! Which really makes me happy, because that means that I have had a very Christ-centered year (well, at least the last five or six months).

This is a first for me, though. Usually Christmas catches me by surprise, and I find that I have been craving the Christmas Spirit all year.

So this year, the season is so different - and yet very much the same.

Do you feel different during the Christmas season, or do you feel like this is how you have been living all year? How do you keep your life Christ-centered year round, and not just at Christmas? What do you love most about the Christmas season?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. That's great, Becca! Good for you!

    I will admit, there is something VERY DIFFERENT for me right now. The symbol of the shepherds crook (candy canes on my tree) have reminded me that I am my brothers keeper... I am praying for courage and insight to bring flock into the fold. I was very surprised to realize that I have really neglected this responsibility lately. I'm so thankful for Christmas and all the symbols' reminders.

    I also realized AGAIN that I need to spend A LOT more time with my youth boys (I'm so ashamed of my lack of it!). It is so much harder for me to figure out what to do with them than it is with my daughter! I do love to spend time with them, even if the things we do together are strange teen boy type things... :o

    Thank you for reminding me again. :)

    Have a great day!
    Corine :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great posts Becca!! I missed a few. I wanted to comment on your "Look up when you Can't Sing" post. Just quick though, my little ones need me. I too have been challenged recently by the choices of others. In my case, my heart has softened toward them as I serve them (anonymously, but still). It hasn't changed the struggle, but it is easier to manage my attitude. And I am sorry about your brother. I am so very grateful for the words of the prophets who share so much wisdom and help us to apply the doctrine. Thanks for your continued posts....LOVE the doctrinal focus. :-)

    ReplyDelete

What makes your soul delight? This is my invitation to you to share your thoughts right here on my blog. I read every one of them, and I appreciate them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...