Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Time to Prepare to Meet God

I have been thinking a lot lately about the Second Coming. I want to be prepared for that time – not just the actual Second Coming of our Lord, Jesus Christ, but also for the events that have been prophesied will lead up to that glorious day.

I want to be prepared. I want to prepare my family. I feel a great desire and a great urgency to be prepared.

I cannot tell you what day or time Christ will come, but I know that He will come. And when He does, I want to be ready to meet Him. I want to be able to weather the storm with my family and anyone else we can help so that when Christ comes we can fall at His feet and worship Him.

I want to have oil in my lamp.

Someone recently asked (in light of all the natural disasters, political instabilities, and the Church’s preparations for them, etc) “Makes you wonder what our [Church] leaders know that we don't.”

I responded with this testimony, which I bear again now:

Everything our leaders know, they have told us (I mean, as far as preparation goes). "Be prepared - spiritually, temporally, and mentally - for the last days." 

Every six months at General Conference, our Church leaders counsel and plead with us to be better and do better at living the gospel. They are building the best technology and standards in buildings because that is what the people of the Lord do - they prepare them for the Second Coming. Whether it be tomorrow, or in 600 years (I recall Lehi telling his family that the time was "near at hand" for the Savior to come into the world... about 600 years before Christ was born).

I think we should live like our leaders have asked us to, and the way they run the Church - prepare every needful thing.

Some questions we can all think about:

How prepared are you? Are you becoming more prepared? Or are you doing better, doing more? Or are you getting comfortable, thinking that maybe the Lord won't come for another 600 years, and so that means we don't have to be prepared just yet?

I do believe that the Lord’s servants are preparing every day for the Second Coming of the Lord. They keep their lamps filled, because we “know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh” (Matt. 25:13).

It needs to be the first thing on your mind, in all you do – how can I keep myself prepared for the Second Coming of the Lord?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What makes your soul delight? This is my invitation to you to share your thoughts right here on my blog. I read every one of them, and I appreciate them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...