Thursday, April 15, 2010

Food for the Soul

We weren't able to watch or listen to the Saturday sessions of general conference this past weekend, so I downloaded them to my phone and have been slowly catching up.
Sister Julie B Beck, from the General Relief Society Presidency, gave an excellent talk about motherhood.
I try to make it a habit to go into conference weekend with specific prayers for guidance that I am particularly in need of at that time. I have recently been struggling with my duties as a mother, and more importantly, with being a good mother.
Sister Beck's talk felt as if she and I were sitting in private conversation, and I felt as if she had been observing my mothering for a few days, then listened to me pour out my heart to her. It felt as if she were responding directly to me and my concerns and weaknesses as a mother.
I have a great testimony of our Father's mindful rss of us. I KNOW that He knows me and hears my prayers. I am positive the His appointed servants, whether they be Priesthood authorities or auxiliary leaders, are guided by Him and inspired by Him to preach His word to us. And I can feel the Spirit confirming the truthfulness of their words.

Come and be lifted up by the words of true prophets, seers, and revelators in our day.

You can read, listen to, and watch the entire conference at www.lds.org


-- Post From My iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

What makes your soul delight? This is my invitation to you to share your thoughts right here on my blog. I read every one of them, and I appreciate them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...