Sunday, April 28, 2013

GCBC Week 4: "We Are Daughters of our Heavenly Father"



This is a picture of me and my sister, Christy, when we were young (5 and 7?) When I turned twelve and entered the Young Women program at Church I couldn't wait for my sister to join me. I remember helping her memorize the Young Women theme and the excitement I felt that she was going to learn all the things I had been learning - which obviously wasn't much in just two years.

I knew of my divinity as a daughter of God long before I entered the Young Women program, but the fellowship of the other young women in the ward and my leaders helped solidify that knowledge.

I know a lot of young women were sad to see Sister Dalton go - probably similarly to when Sister Beck was released last year. I'm not sure how Sister Dalton got through her talk, knowing she would be released in the next session.

What were your thoughts about Sister Dalton's talk?

We are Daughters of our Heavenly Father - Sister Elaine S. Dalton


If you are new to General Conference Book Club, click here to find out more. The basic idea is to study one General Conference talk each week between April conference and October conference, and to chat about the talk here in the comment section. You can also link up (using the linky tool below) to your own blog post about this talk. The link up will be open until I post the next week's talk, but if you study this talk later and missed the link up, feel free to post your link in the comment section.

1 comment:

  1. This talk is one that I remembered for the quote, “What-e’er thou art, act well thy part.” In this troubling world, I think that often times we forget who we are, where we are going, and who we represent. In one of our ward conferences this year, President Dye said this, "When we understand who we really are, we no
    longer have to be told what to do." How that touched my heart and reminded me of this talk.

    I loved the two sentences at the beginning the sum up this talk too. "As daughters of God we are each unique and different in our circumstances and experiences. And yet our part matters—because we matter." Learning our part is something that takes our entire life experience. We don't know what challenges and trials we will be given in this life. But we do know this. We must act to represent our Savior, Jesus Christ and stand as a witness of God (Mosiah 18:9). What a beautiful testimony Sister Dalton shared with the world that Saturday morning that she knows that He lives, as do I.

    ReplyDelete

What makes your soul delight? This is my invitation to you to share your thoughts right here on my blog. I read every one of them, and I appreciate them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...