Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday Fragments – Enough to Do

1
Oh life has been exciting in the past month that I have been scarce around the blog. We got sick, then we got better, then my family came to visit for Christmas, then they left, then we got sick again, and in the middle of all this I had to report a friend to CPS.

That is a long story, and I had a lot of turmoil about it for the past few weeks, but as the days go by I realize how right it was. It felt really right when I did it, and then I  had a hard time with it, and then I worried that it wouldn’t be enough to protect the kids, and then I realized that sometimes we just have to let go, and let God.

Which I have a really hard time doing.

 2
I love the military, really, I do. My husband has had some amazing opportunities this past year, and is currently having another great opportunity. These opportunities are also opportunities for me. Opportunities for me to realize how I love having a husband and not being a single mom, and for me to learn how to do life on my own. Thankfully I’m not completely without him – we get to call each other and text message and things.

Also, I have to acknowledge how grateful I am that he hasn’t been deployed. His military assignments are much more benign. Although I wouldn’t mind him being deployed (after all, that’s what we signed up for), I am very grateful that he has not been in harms way at all.

Anyway, this is single-mom run #1 for the year. I know there will be at least two more times – well, actually just one long run, where his unit will be taking him out of one exotic location and sending him to another. Ha ha. After the fact, I am going to tell you all about what he said to me yesterday about it. It was so funny. And I had just told him that I have noticed he has a hard time seeing all of the great things in his life.

 3
IMG_0100

My daughter did what I  hoped she would never do…

IMG_0496

She cut her own hair.

IMG_0493 IMG_0495

In the picture on the left you can see where she gave herself some “bangs” (… 1/2” bangs…) and on the right you can see she wanted to add some layers… unfortunately the shortest layers were pretty short, even though her hair looks like it is still pretty long.

IMG_0498The hair stylist was great and did fabulous repair job, but her hair is so short now! I am hoping to grows back fast.

The blessing in all of this? I don’t have to be the first one to have her hair cut. I had been thinking about it for a while – how and when we would decide to trim her hair – because all hair needs a trim. I probably would have waited until she asked for a haircut, which may not have been ever. Now, that first baby haircut is out of the way, and I didn’t even have to agonize over it!

4
If you haven’t heard of Sista Laurel and Sista Beehive over at As Sistas in Zion, you should really check them out. They are hilarious. I love those girls. They had a particularly funny post up today about the kid with the viral “Mormon on Drugs” video (which I haven’t watched) in which they talked about how famous Mormons serve “cannery missions.” Ha ha. It was funny.

 5
My post Look Up When you Can’t Sing was featured over at yourLDSblog.com (which I had never heard of before). I got so many visits from that link it was unreal. I don’t know if anyone who came from over there is still checking me out, but welcome, if you are! I hope you enjoy this blog!

Meet some more friendly folks
over at Heather’s
Women in the Scriptures blog!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on flying solo, that is tough but you will do great. And absence only makes the heart grow fonder.

    ReplyDelete

What makes your soul delight? This is my invitation to you to share your thoughts right here on my blog. I read every one of them, and I appreciate them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...